We’ve rebranded our “Weird & Wonderful” sale to “Odd & Curious”, but either way, we’re starting 2021 with our biggest ebay sale yet!Continue reading
- Most noteworthy customer – the tallest woman in the world! (Sandy Allen)
- Most remote mail-order sale – the volcanic Island of Reunion (east of Madagascar)
- Largest collection purchased – a tie:
The Bonavita Trade-Dollar inventory: 55,000 Tokens, 1 Ton
The Fesco World Collection – 40,000 coins, 1 Ton, 1 Transport Truck with security escort
- Amount of Silver bullion handled since opening in Almonte: 10.5 Tons
- The celebrated Canadian actress and director Megan Follows once filmed a Hallmark Christmas scene at our back door (and took her lunch break in our lounge!)
- Our antique display cabinets were used for a pivotal scene in “The House Sitter” movie, with Tori Spelling
- Most valuable coin handled – an 1859 Brass One Cent: $45,000 (a world-record for a Canadian Large Cent!)
- Heaviest coin handled – the incredible 2014 “Haida Gwaii” $500 issue: 11 pounds of Pure Silver!
- Average number of collections we examine each year (big and small) – 300
- Most memorable appraisal engagements: Nobel Prize Medals for both Physics & Chemistry
- Number of Pennies we have donated to the Almonte General Hospital – 620,000
- Number of Kilometers driven since Sean became a coin dealer – 1 Million+ and counting!
Image of Reunion courtesy of worldwidewendy.be.
Our next session in our ongoing “Weird & Wonderful” sales will be live on Ebay at midnight this Friday!
With 100 fresh new lots from all areas of our inventory, we invite you to take a browse:
Click here to access our ebay coin and collectibles auction.
Don’t miss out on the opportunity to add something unique to your collection!
We are pleased to report that as of September 10th, we have now reopened for limited browsing hours of 10:00 to 5:00, on Thursday, Friday and Saturdays at Alliance Coin and Banknote, 88 Mill Street, Almonte.
Currently limited to a maximum of four customers in our gallery at any given time, we also remain available for appraisals and purchasing and Tuesdays and Wednesdays (Glebe location only on this day), however please note that these services are only available by pre-booked appointment.
Unfortunately, due to both capacity restrictions and my own limited availability, we cannot accommodate walk-in requests for appraisals or purchasing.
We thank you for your understand as we continue to adapt our business in order to comply with the our current public health environment.
As always, appointments can be booked by telephone, email, or by reaching out to me directly on my cell phone.
Please be patient, as it may take a number of days to keep up with our current call volume.
Current Opening Hours at a Glance
Thurs – Sat: 10am – 5pm
Almonte store and gallery open for browsing
By appointment only for appraisals/purchases
Wednesdays (The Glebe)
By appointment only for appraisals/purchases
Having decided to remain open by Appointment Only, at least for the remainder of the summer, we’re very happy to point our customers to our largest rolling ebay coin and collectibles auction. The latest installment, with our largest ever inventory of Weird & Wonderful items is now live.
Please visit us on ebay for a wonderful selection of coins, medals, and other collectibles. You can see a selection of highlighted items in this post.
We are also delighted to report that we are finally cleaning up the online inventory database on our website, and in the coming week will be posting 150 fresh new ICCS Canadian coins for your pleasure!
After much deliberation and consultation, I have decided to temporarily shutter our retail store in Almonte. Quite frankly, we are a non-essential business with a large and fluid clientele, many of whom are in a vulnerable age bracket, and keeping our store open during these very uncertain coming days and weeks poses an unnecessary risk to both our customers and our staff. Even more so, when I consider that I have two asthmatics and an essential health-care worker in my own household.
Announcing our Famous Year-end Boxing Sale! I am delighted to announce the return of this annual event.
In addition to offering the deepest store-wide discounts in the coin business:
- We always have fresh new inventory available for our sale, not just the old stuff!
- We’re opening the entire weekend for our customers, and look forward to your joining us!
Best wishes for the holidays, and for a healthy and prosperous 2020!
Sean Isaacs, family and staff
Boxing Week Blow-Out 2019
Alliance Coin & Banknote
88 Mill Street, Almonte
December 27 – 29, 2019
Friday & Saturday 9am – 7pm
Sunday 10am – 6pm
Simply click the images below to see all the details for our sale!
The pure Silver medal, together with a small bursary, will be presented each year to a graduating student of Almonte & District High School who has chosen to pursue post-secondary studies in History or a related field.
Zachary is now attending the Museum Studies program at Ottawa’s Algonquin College, and we wish him success in his chosen field!
A five-year tradition comes to an end this Saturday October 19th, with the final Almonte Zombie Walk for Hunger taking place at 2:00 pm.
Benefiting the Soi Dog Foundation, Country Cat Sanctuary, as well as our local Food Bank, I am delighted to once again serve as grand parade martial for the event.
With live musical entertainment during registration, and many prizes at the end for participants, we invite everyone to join us in making this final 2-kilometer stumble around the downtown core the best Zombie Walk ever! (Honestly, there’s no greater pleasure than freaking out Mill Street diners as they sit engrossed in conversation over their salads and hot-turkey plates!)
Hats off to Heather Gadbois for having made this a fun and material contribution to our local cultural landscape.
Almonte Zombie Walk for Hunger
2pm, Saturday 19 October 2019
Registration from 1pm at the Arena
Please bring a non-perishable item for the food bank