We are pleased to offer a very limited supply of the new Queen Elizabeth Memorial Coinage, just released by the Royal Canadian Mint. Each with a unique set of four conjoined portraits of the Queen on obverse, representing the different effigies that have appeared on Canadian coinage since 1953.Continue reading
Tag Archives: coin collecting
Expo Auction Sale Heralds return of in-person bidding
Our September 29th auction sale, held at the Toronto Coin Expo, saw just over 100 successful bidders take part in our offering of more than 400 diverse lots of coins, medals, banknotes and tokens via the iCollector platform.Continue reading
Announcing our “Coins & Strings” open house!
We are truly delighted to announce the return of our annual open-house, not held since 2019, scheduled for next Saturday November 19th, 2022, from 2:00 to 6:00 pm.Continue reading
Final night for advance bidding!
With less than 24 hours remaining before our Friday the 13th sale goes live on iCollector, we remind you to join us at 5:00m tomorrow for the main event! Below we share four more teasers.Continue reading
Death of an Enigma
Ken Djingheuzian passed away this week. If the name doesn’t ring familiar, one can be forgiven since even among those of us who regularly encountered him for upwards of the past thirty years, very few actually knew his full name.Continue reading
Online Auction Update!
Only three days before our live Toronto Coin Expo sale, the largest auction in our history!Continue reading
Our St. Paddy’s Day ebay Sale launches at Midnight!
Who needs a pot of gold when you have the famous Alliance “Odd & Curious” sale to discover? We are delighted to offer our largest-ever ebay sale of 140 diverse lots, with something for everyone:
The Old, the Ancient, Gold & Silver, numerous scarce “Bricks” of Cash, an original “Arnprior Dollar” Christmas bonus bag, a selection of authentic Token dies, etc.
So hoist a green beer and tune-in at midnight tonight to have a browse; the full offering of items will continue to be added over the next 24 hours or so.
Our largest ebay sale has just launched!
We’ve rebranded our “Weird & Wonderful” sale to “Odd & Curious”, but either way, we’re starting 2021 with our biggest ebay sale yet!Continue reading
Top 12 Fun Facts about Alliance Coin & Banknote
- Most noteworthy customer – the tallest woman in the world! (Sandy Allen)
- Most remote mail-order sale – the volcanic Island of Reunion (east of Madagascar)
- Largest collection purchased – a tie:
The Bonavita Trade-Dollar inventory: 55,000 Tokens, 1 Ton
The Fesco World Collection – 40,000 coins, 1 Ton, 1 Transport Truck with security escort
- Amount of Silver bullion handled since opening in Almonte: 10.5 Tons
- The celebrated Canadian actress and director Megan Follows once filmed a Hallmark Christmas scene at our back door (and took her lunch break in our lounge!)
- Our antique display cabinets were used for a pivotal scene in “The House Sitter” movie, with Tori Spelling
- Most valuable coin handled – an 1859 Brass One Cent: $45,000 (a world-record for a Canadian Large Cent!)
- Heaviest coin handled – the incredible 2014 “Haida Gwaii” $500 issue: 11 pounds of Pure Silver!
- Average number of collections we examine each year (big and small) – 300
- Most memorable appraisal engagements: Nobel Prize Medals for both Physics & Chemistry
- Number of Pennies we have donated to the Almonte General Hospital – 620,000
- Number of Kilometers driven since Sean became a coin dealer – 1 Million+ and counting!
Image of Reunion courtesy of worldwidewendy.be.
Coin Show in Westboro, Dec 6th
If you’re an avid coin collector, please consider coming out for a Coin Show in Ottawa’s Westboro neighbourhood on Sunday, December 6th.
Coin Show Location
Royal Canadian Legion Branch 480 Westboro, 389 – 391 Richmond Road, Ottawa, Ontario K2A 0E7
9am – 3:30pm | 7 dealers – buy, sell, trade.
All Covid–19 safety protocols will be observed and enforced. Only 50 people allowed in at one time. Patrons must mask up and use the hand sanitizer provided upon entry, and always maintain physical distancing.
We look forward to seeing you there!